Position Title: Human Resource Generalist
Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Revision: Revision 1
Issue Date: June 1, 2022
Date Updated: June 1, 2022
FLSA Status: Exempt
Spartan Group Holdings, LLC, is a collection of companies that provide rebar engineering, supply chain and installation services throughout North America. It has dual headquarters in Dallas and Houston, TX, and a total of 260+ employees.
To glorify God and enrich lives as we provide the inner strength that projects need.
Spartan Group is looking for a qualified and resourceful HR generalist to support our HR department in ensuring smooth and efficient business operations. The HR generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping the company to plan and administer important functions such as payroll, staffing, training and development, and benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Payroll processing, including weekly, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes.
- Implement human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, employee relations and retention, compliance, and labor relations; complete personnel transactions.
- Prepare paperwork for, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new-hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new-hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations.
- Participate in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole and to improve the employees’ experience.
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational charts; contribute to policy development.
- Follow safety policies across the company.
- Utilize the core values (SR7) for all decisions, personal conduct, and business dealings.
- Any other responsibilities as determined by your manager.
- Fluent Spanish-speaking preferred
- Degree in HR, business, or a related field
- Additional HR training or experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Superior knowledge of MS Office and HRIS systems; comfortable learning new technology systems as needed
This position requires:
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Strong problem-solving, reporting, and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Physical Demands and Environmental Condition Requirements
The Human Resource generalist, while performing the essential functions of the job, is regularly required to:
- Stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects, reach with hands and arms, lift above their head, talk, and hear.
- Kneel, crouch, stoop, climb ladders, bend at the waist, squat, and crawl.
- Lift, move, and push over 25 lbs. regularly.
- Have specific vision abilities, including close vision and color vision.
- Ascend or descend stairs and move about uneven terrain.
- Safely drive a vehicle.
- Travel as needed.
- Spend time on the physical jobsite and at the office.
- Be exposed to high temperatures, cool/cold temperatures, and loud noises.
The work environment in the construction area poses significantly greater risk due to moving construction equipment and active construction zones with trip and fall hazards.
The office environment is a low- to medium-risk area. Computers and phones are constantly in use.
While the above is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to increase or decrease the scope of responsibilities when circumstances dictate, as determined by management.
To apply for a position at Spartan Group, please send your resume and a cover letter to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 877-200-5541. We look forward to connecting with you and exploring potential opportunities within our growing team.